Zesty Par Boiled Asparagus
Kick up your asparagus side dish a notch with some lemon zest and parmesan cheese. Yum!
ZESTY PAR BOILED ASPARAGUS
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 bunch asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash asparagus and break off bottoms.
- Cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces, on the diagonal.
- Fill a medium-size saucepan halfway up with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the asparagus, reduce heat to a simmer and cook asparagus for 2 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Toss asparagus in sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.