Turkey Wrapped Tomato Chicken
If you love bacon, but not all the fat that goes with it, swap it out with turkey bacon! This awesome recipe makes for an amazing main course dinner for four.
TURKEY WRAPPED TOMATO CHICKEN
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 people
4 small boneless chicken breasts
4 slices turkey bacon
10 cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each chicken breast with one piece of turkey bacon.
- In a baking dish add tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, herbs and mix well.
- Place chicken in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- The tomatoes, now wilted, make a wonderful sauce over any whole grain or brown rice pasta.
Image credit: Image courtesy of Heather Joan/Flickr