SImple Garlic Spinach Soup
Well cold season is now here, so use thy food as thy medicine. No fear this holiday season because this potent garlic soup is sure to keep vampires away and does a good job of keeping your immune system strong to fight colds and flu.
Garlic is low in calories and very rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
Garlic Lover’s Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Yields: 4 people
2 heads garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 cups vegetable stock
2 bunches spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice off the top of each head of garlic, exposing the top of each clove.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil on each head.
- Place in a casserole dish with a lid or wrap in foil.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until cloves are completely soft.
- Let the garlic cool for a few minutes and squeeze cloves into a pot.
- Add stock and stir to break up the garlic and combine.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just at the end, add in the spinach to wilt, stir well and serve right away.
I like to add a lean protein to this soup to keep me full, so chicken is a good choice. You can also add a touch of cream. Enjoy!