Quinoa is an amazing superfood that makes for a great summer salad dish when combined with traditional tabouleh ingredients.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Yields: 6 people
1 cup quinoa 21/4 cups water
1 cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch mint, minced
1/2 bunch parsley, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
- Wash quinoa.
- In a pot bring water and salt to a boil and add quinoa.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water is absorbed.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork; cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa into a large bowl and combine all ingredients.
- Mix gently and add lemon juice, olive oil and salt to your taste.