Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Prunes
Bring a little bit of Morocco to you with this traditional main course dinner.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRUNES
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
4 chicken breasts cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1/2 cup water
10 pitted prunes
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan and sauté onions on low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, spices and water to pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes.
- Chicken should be cooked all the way through but should not be dried out. (Cut a piece open to check.)
- Add prunes and cook another 5 minutes, until they get soft and saturated with juice.
- If desired top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
Image credit: Image courtesy of new-york-city/Flickr