Millet with Roasted Sunflower Seeds
Tired of brown rice? Try this combination of sunflower seeds and millet for a scrumptious side dish!
MILLET WITH ROASTED SUNFLOWER SEEDS
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 cup millet
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 cups water
Pinch of sea salt
- Wash and drain millet.
- Dry-roast sunflower seeds in a skillet over medium heat until they smell nutty, approximately 4 minutes.
- Bring water to boil and add millet and seeds.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When done, fluff and let sit for 10 minutes. Mix, serve and enjoy.
- If millet is too dry for you, add more water when cooking. Or add a tablespoon of olive oil when it is done.