I'm always so Hungry -5 tips to Stay Full Longer
Lets face it, food is good and I love to eat! In the past dieting has always been hard. While eating my fat free cookies, I would say, ok just one more, but my cravings seemed to increase and one more cookie turned into half the box!
Well it seems fat free processed foods might not have been the best choice for weight loss. Here are some tips for staying full longer (please note that fat free cookies are not on the list).
5 Tips for Staying Full Longer
- Add Veggies to your meals. Your body craves nutrients, and veggies are packed full of vitamins and minerals. Aim for 3-5 servings of Non- starchy veggies a day to keep cravings at bay.
- Eat Lean Protein at every meal- Protein keeps you full longer than carbs or fat. So when your hungry make sure to always include protein such as chicken, eggs or greek yogurt.
- Eat more Fiber-Get at least 25 grams of fiber a day-Fiber keeps us full and satisfied and this is a biggie for kicking cravings to the curb.
- Drink more Water. Your stomach is the size of a Starbucks Trenta (one size bigger than a Venti). Keep it filled up.
- Cut out the SUGAR- This is the number one reason we get cravings in the first place. Limit you sugar to fruits 2-3 a day. The fiber in fruits slows the sugar that enters into the bloodstream.
- WARNING: Read labels of processed foods where tons of hidden sugar is found. It's way more than you think!
Eating foods that give us the right balance of nutrients and energy our body needs, will help keep cravings away and weight loss becomes easier.