Clean Comfort Food Series- #1 Simple Sweet Potato Broccoli Soup
Well it's snowing and 2 degrees outside and I have cravings for good old Comfort Food. So I decided to start a series of recipes over the holiday season to help keep cravings at bay.
Simple Sweet Potato Broccoli Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 people
2 bunches broccoli
2 large white sweet potatoes
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 tablespoons tamari
1. Cut off the florets of the broccoli so that you have almost no portion of the stalk and place in a separate bowl.
2. Cut the stalks of the broccoli and the sweet potato into small pieces.
3. Place in a medium pot and fill with water just until the veggies are covered and bring to a boil.
4. Cook until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove broccoli and potato from the water and blend in blender.
6. Slowly add the water from the pot to your blender until you get a good soup consistency.
7. Add garlic and tamari, and blend.
8. Place soup back in the pot, add broccoli florets and red pepper.
9. Leave on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot with a little fresh ground pepper.
This soup is great with a little parmesan cheese or organic cheddar sprinkled on top of your bowl. Soup is also a great place to use up leftovers. Toss in whole grains, beans, or leftover veggies to give it a little extra kick.
Hope you enjoy learning so that you can find your STRONG! For quick GRIT tips to your inbox sign up below!