It's officially summer, and it's time for some refreshing drinks to quench your thirst! Ginger is great for digestion, and the lime adds a hint of citrus flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 24 hours (steeping, mostly)
Yields: 6 people
1 lb fresh ginger root
Mint leaves (optional)
6 cups water
Juice of 2 limes
Maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Add water to a large sauce pan with the ginger and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan and turn off heat. Let sit for 24 hours.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the lime juice and maple syrup or agave, stir until dissolved.
- Serve chilled.
- Optional: Garnish with mint