Chai Tea is my daily staple and more like a ritual I make it pretty simple just adding almond milk to the tea.
Chai is the Hindi word for tea. Masala chai, what we know as “chai” is a tea drink of that is brewed in milk with a variety of spices. You can buy chai tea bags or make it yourself by putting shredded ginger, cinnamon powder and ground cardamom seeds in a pot with 2 cups of water, bringing it to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to bring out the flavor of the spices, then add tea and stir.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
4 chicken legs
4 to 5 sliced carrots
Salt and pepper
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups chai tea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken and carrots in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a pot, combine coconut milk and tea and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Cover with lid and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with brown basmati rice and greens. Use coconut milk mixture as a sauce.