PEOPLE WHO ARE LEAN ARE IN THE HABIT OF BEING LEAN. THEY’VE PRACTICED EATING LEAN— LIKE A SKILL. AND THEY’VE GOT A LOT OF REPS OF PRACTICE IN FOR THAT SKILL. YOU HAVE THE BODY YOU HAVE BECAUSE YOU’VE PRACTICED EATING A CERTAIN WAY. THE MORE YOU PRACTICE EATING A CERTAIN WAY, THE BETTER YOU GET AT IT. CALL IT HABIT, SKILL, OR A PRACTICE.
If you want to be lean, strong, and mentally sharp, physical exercise isn’t optional. What is optional is the kind of exercise you do. You should do something you enjoy. If you hate running, don’t run. Same for lifting weights. You’ll never be able to keep it up if it feels like a grind.
If you’re not where you want to be, ask yourself why not? If your answer contains “can’t”, is it because you
1. YOU don’t want to,
1. YOU don’t know how to
3. YOU don’t believe you can
- If you don’t want to, then that’s fine because that’s your choice.
- If you don’t know how, you can choose to learn.
- The easiest one of the three to overcome is "if you don’t believe you can" because all you have to do is, change your belief, which takes about one second, and can be done without getting up from your chair..-J.Teta Metabolic Effect
"Facing problems and working through them is what makes you strong"
Acknowledge this is a process. Focus on one change at a time
- All programs work short term
- This a a plan to gets off plans
- Take control of your body process
- We want a straight line to our goal but when does it ever go in a straight line ?
What will it take so That you will get in your workouts?
Outcome I want: Get to the gym three days per week.
- In order to get to the gym three days per week, I have to stick to a regular routine.
- In order to stick to a regular routine, I have to build that routine and put it on my calendar.
- In order to build that routine and put it on my calendar, I have to figure out how much time I’ll need for each gym trip.
- In order to figure out how much time I’ll need, I have to add up how long it takes me to pack my gym clothes, get to the gym, work out, and get back home.
- In order to put the gym on my calendar, I have to find three slots per week that offer the amount of time I just calculated.
And so on. You’ll notice that there are a lot of things that have to happen here — things you probably never thought of at first.
Keep it simple; don’t get overwhelmed or try to attack this all at once.
WEEK 3 QUESTIONS:
Do I exercise from a love of movement?
Are there any ways I use exercise as a punishment?
Have I abandoned my body when it comes to movement or exercise?
What are the specific judgments I have about my body? Do these judgments serve me?
What stands in my way of inspired movement on a regular basis?
What would my life feel like if joyous, inspired movement was regular fare?